Monday, December 10, 2012

Itchin' For Some Christmas...and Home.

I love living abroad and traveling. It's something I've loved since I was young, even moving across the valley was always exciting.

Sometimes living for a short time in one place is hard though. Especially at Christmas time. Last night I told Ray I felt very "nesty." Are you familiar with the term?

It means I needed to make something feel like home. I needed to do something to make me feel proud of my space.

I needed to craft.

Since we didn't have a Christmas tree, I thought I'd start there. Lucky for me I made these 'book' trees last year and remembered how to do it again this year. Also lucky for me: "How To Kill A Mockingbird" was already falling apart in the cabinet so I felt no remorse in shredding it with a razor blade... Sorry, Harper Lee...

So here it is, our sweet little Christmas Tree for 2012. 

Why yes, I did make that origami star all on my own!

Here's our whole Christmas get-up: advent calendar, snowflake, tree and gifts all in like what, 4 sqft?
It's amazing how something so simple and small can still make you feel closer to a home. Ray reminded me that he is my home, which was and is sweet, but my response for the time was simply... "But I can't decorate you!"

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post, love the line at the end! Your Christmas card from us is addressed, but I have to walk it into the post office to figure out how much postage to buy to send it to you. Hope al is merry & bright now!

    ReplyDelete